Photobucket




Thursday, March 31, 2011

Baby Boy Turns 5
























The day was sunny, the skies were blue, and the temperature was perfect. The lazy spring afternoon spent visiting with friends while enjoying the porch swings and rocking chairs of our hostess. A play day. The warm days had beckoned us outside, and we mothers and our children enjoyed the afternoon of fellowship and play.

I couldn't have asked for a better diversion. My due date had come and gone, but that was normal for me. I fully expected to go over the usual two weeks, but I wasn't nearly there yet.

We headed home around 5:30 pm and I asked the older children if they'd mind watching the younger ones while I lay down for a short nap. Almost as soon as my feet left the floor and my head hit the pillow, I felt a gush. Now THAT wasn't normal for me, and it wouldn't stop.

Why in the world a mother who'd already birthed twelve children felt such shock I cannot explain, but I was indeed surprised. I'd so fully convinced myself that I wouldn't have a baby in my arms for another week:) And I guess the carefree day I'd spent among friends left me little time to think of my condition.

Baby Boy made a grand entrance that Friday evening with three minutes to spare:) He was born at 11:57 pm.

Judson Henry, I clearly remember the day God called you out of my womb. When your body swooshed out. When I saw your tiny face for the first time. When I first felt your warm skin next to mine. When I felt a flood of emotions and overwhelming love. When I praised our Maker for the miracle of new life. When I heard your fine father, who stood beside me for the thirteenth time, offer up a heartfelt prayer of thanks to the Great I Am. I remember. A lovely end to a lovely day.

God bless you, Judson Henry.

Psalm 139:13 & 14 For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.

Psalm 90:12 So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.


Blessings,

Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment