Photobucket




Saturday, March 12, 2011

Life's Sweet Surprises

I love life's sweet surprises the Lord and others often send our way.

Like yesterday. Some of my older daughters went to help my mother with some housecleaning chores. Not that she NEEDS help, mind you. Her floors are clean enough to eat off of, and she's a very energetic woman. But she hasn't been feeling her best, so she took them up on their offer to help.

Before they left she had them load the backseat of the car with sacks of items she no longer wanted or needed.

Here are some of the things she sent~~"What," you might ask," is so exciting about that?"

Well, only that I've been collecting stainless dishes for a long time!

It all began when we got our new ceramic floor in the kitchen. Because we're blessed with a large family, we always have a little one who's in the training stage of doing the dishes. And believe me, we had more than our fair share of broken dishes once the new floor went down.

Not complaining mind you, but it was getting to be a frequent and dangerous occurrence. What to do?

My sweet husband began an online search for unbreakable dishes ( I had openly admired the ones at a local fish restaurant). Unbeknown to me, he found some stainless dishes (very similar to the ones at the restaurant) at a store in Tennessee which sells wares to Civil War Reenactors. He surprised me with enough plates and cups to serve our large family!

Since then, we've added to our collection over time, and some items are quite difficult to find.

I almost always watch for things when I'm out, and some have been located in unusual places. The stainless bowls for soup and salad I've found in pet departments! Various cups and mugs were discovered at places like Academy, Walmart, and even Winn Dixie. Once I found 20 divided plates at the Dollar Store for $1.00 each. Real stainless!!

Perhaps now you'll understand why my eyes lit up when I saw the treasures she sent.

Here are some of my plates and cups on the beautiful table my husband crafted for me over fifteen years ago. Isn't it beautiful? It's ten feet long, and how very grateful I am for the wonderful memories made here:)
Mom, thanks for brightening my day. Thank you, Lord, for life's sweet surprises:)

Every good and perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17

Blessings,

Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment